Pages

Thursday, October 8, 2015

Simply Inspired: Jute Home Company

Meet Amy 

Hey all! It's Amy from Jute Home Company taking over the Simply Beaming blog today! I am an interior decorator and curate a studio space filled with amazing decor goodies! I have been dabbling in decor in different forms for my entire life. Not only was I constantly rearranging my childhood bedroom, but I was also rearranging other people's spaces too. I remember standing on a stool to create a vignette above my grandma's cabinets, and organizing the bedroom of the girls that I babysat. In more recent years, my skills have been focused on my own home, using paint, decor, and the furniture my husband builds to create a home that reflects our family. 

 About Jute Home Co.
Recently I have taken the art of decorating into other people's homes and have enjoyed taking items they already own and arranging them in a way that is new and fresh to them. You don't need a house full of new stuff to create a home you love. 
Sometimes it is just moving things around or re-purposing items in a different way. I've found that it can be hard to look at things you have around your home creatively. A fresh eye helps recognize the new possibilities.


While using what you have works for most,  buying one or two new pieces of decor does wonders for your attitude toward your home. So I have created a collection of affordable decor pieces in my Design Studio, which will be open for shopping this weekend only! Normally I use the studio to store stuff that I order in for client projects. I began to realize that I am able to offer these items at great prices because I don't have all of the typical overhead costs like rent or payroll. And every item that is in the store is something I would LOVE in my own home. 
In addition to the items that I have ordered in, my talented hubby McKane has filled the studio with his custom furniture and shelves. He uses reclaimed wood to make dining tables, industrial consoles, and a bar cart that is my absolute favorite piece! He also makes rustic floating shelves in any size to add a personal touch to your space. If you have a custom design you have been considering let him know!

Design Tips
 
Want to freshen up your space? Here are some simple tricks to get a custom decor look in your home.

Clear the Clutter - Get rid of the stack of magazines on your table, the mail in the kitchen, keep your surfaces clean of clutter and your home will instantly be more refreshing! If you don't love looking at it get rid of it! A well organized home will always look great, whereas a cluttered home will always seem dirty and dated.

Think Big - I think this is the thing that people struggle with the most. Instead of collecting small items (centerpieces, picture frames, trays, lanterns, etc). try decorating with one or two large items. I love lanterns and tall vases for bringing height to a room. An over sized tray on a coffee table is a great place to collect remotes and stack books in the living room. A large centerpiece on a dining table makes the room glam.

Neutrals and Color - When investing in a new piece of furniture like a couch or chair, pick something neutral. This lets you change the look of your home as often as you want using throw blankets and pillows. Maybe you love grey and yellow right now, but next year you might be feeling blues and navy. This way you won't be stuck with a large pattern that doesn't match your home anymore.

Jute Home Co. in Action

Everyone is invited to attend the Jute Home Company Market this Friday and Saturday, Oct. 9 & 10. Come and shop great decor deals or be inspired for your next decorating project! I will be on hand to help solve your design dilemmas - just bring a picture of a space that you are struggling with and I am happy to help with a decor plan.

If you can't attend this weekend, I have a few in-home consultation appointments available. Call (218) 639-3572 to schedule an appointment with me.
~Amy Wood 

2 comments:

  1. WOW! I love your style and the tone of your message. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great Stuff! Nice post! Like it. Look forward for your new post. Thanks! jute goods

    ReplyDelete