Pages

Friday, April 1, 2016

Simply Inspired: Carly Dus | Carly D Design


Some would say it was by pure luck that we ran across Carly, but we would say it was by God's grace. From the moment we had the chance to meet up with Carly, we fell in love with how truly magnificent this beauty is! She is a mom, blogger, and manages the time to follow her gift of her inspirational apparel with the world that shares God's love. She has showed us how God can use us all in special ways and we know when you get to know a little more about her, you will feel inspired.  Here is Carly with her incredible journey......Enjoy!

My Inspiration:

The “sermon” when Moses proclaimed to his people in Deuteronomy hit home with me and sparked something within me:

Deuteronomy 6:5-9:  You must love the Lord your God with all your heart, all your soul, and all your strength.  You must commit yourselves wholeheartedly to these commands that I am giving you today.  Repeat them again and again to your children.  Talk about them when you are at home and when you are on the road, when you are going to bed and when you are getting up.  Tie them to your hands and wear them on your forehead as reminders.  Write them on the doorposts of your house and on your gates.

Essentially, surround yourself with God’s word so you are reminded of his commands, love, promises, hope and encouragement. 

Faith Journey:

Before God put a dream on my heart of creating scripture apparel, I was a simple graphic designer staying home with my two lovely children.  I loved my simple life of play all day, with the occasional discipline and instructional moments, turned nap-time working mom. But then I felt God stirring something more inside me.



I grew up in a strong Christian home which luckily provided me with a very strong foundation in faith.  Sadly, I walked away from it.  I rebelled against my parents and against God.  But because God is full of grace and love, he won me back, turned my life around and I now live redeemed in his love with a mission.  A mission to let Christ shine within my every being; a mission and deep desire to continuously grow in knowledge to help strengthen my faith and those around me.   God is even using my crazy, joyful, and at times funny personality to bring others closer to Christ. Being a strong devoted Christian is not boring folks… it’s full of peace, love and true joy.

Calling:
Over two years ago, a friend started a simple email to challenge us on scripture memorization.  Her life became busy, so she asked if I would take over.  Thankfully, I stepped up to the challenge.  From this act of obedience to help teach the word of God and grow others’ faith, God planted the seed for scripture apparel.  

As I dove into God’s word every morning and grew stronger in Christ, I realized the importance to set out reminders.  Reminders from Ephesians 4:2 to be humble, gentle and patient for my kids, 2 Corinthians 12:9 to be full of grace and from 1 John 3:17 to constantly speak more than truth, I was to show it.  I was just going to put out post it notes or fancy up my frames with scripture, but God had something bigger (surprise, surprise.)  Out  of the blue, I felt him calling me to create a clothing line.  





So I said yes and moved quickly before Satan, or some call him self-doubt, crept in.  I chose an online printing company, ordered a few samples, created a few designs, printed, held a photoshoot and launched all within a couple months.  Turns out it was a large success! People loved this idea and were thirsting for it.  I began to do more research, found a local printing company, dove into social media, designed some more, and our scripture apparel has been growing ever since! 

Our goal with the scripture apparel is created to inspire you who wears and those who see.  Your fashion, your dress, has the ability to say who and more importantly whose you are.  

We challenge those who wear to be a person full of grace. One who can be still in His presence yet stand firm in His truth.  We challenge them to live their life boldly and courageously for the Lord, to be a person who does more than just speak truth… to show truth by their actions.  We want them to be the friend, the mom, or the stranger who is humble, gentle and patient.  Most of all… we want all of us to be the good that God desires of us. 

Scripture Apparel:


Right now, beyond a few special events,  we sell only online at our website.  www.carlyddesign.com/shop  


No comments:

Post a Comment