Pages

Friday, April 22, 2016

Nourish-Move-Love


Lindsey is a one that has truly inspired us and many other women not only to look their best, but to feel their best! She is another "Minnesota Native" beauty that has shined through her blog and social media feed. She is such an amazing woman and definitely gives us some #fitspiration! We love this girl because not only is she changing the lives of women through her fitness and faith journey, but she has also made it possible for anyone to be able to change the way they think about health! 


About Me: 
I'm the fitness-loving, green veggie obsessed, blogger behind Nourish Move Love. I'm a newbie to the entrepreneur and blogging scene. I left the lucrative medical sales world last year to chase my big dreams of writing a wellness book. And here I am almost a year later with a health and fitness blog and online training programs, a completely different entrepreneurial path but I'm loving every moment of it {and the book is still on the bucket list}. 

My days are filled with teaching fitness classes, recipe development {and tasting of course}, fitness modeling, blogging, collaborating with brands, and all the other hats I get to wear as a small business owner. I'm still learning to fall in love with myself and my body everyday, but I've come along way. I'm driven by faith, hustle, to-do lists, coffee, and a desire to help women fall in love with themselves for the first, second or 100th time. 


My Passion for Health & Fitness: 
Believe it or not I grew up on pizza, cereal and little debbies. In fact, I didn't even know what kale and quinoa were until 4-5 years ago. I was your typical, small town three sport athlete in high school and I went on to play college volleyball. After college I was sitting behind a desk for 8 hours a day and my lean cuisine lifestyle wan't cutting it; I started packing on the pounds. Being the goal-oriented person I am, I signed up for a marathon. After shaping up a bit through running, I decided to take it a step further and really push my limits by joining the fitness competition world.

This is when my passion for health and fitness really evolved. I loved the science behind the body; learning how to really build muscle and shred fat with an impeccable nutrition. But like most women, I tend to have an 'all or nothing' attitude. And like most women, I've had my fair share of body image issues. So the fitness competition world became a slippery slope for me. It became a reason to justify my exercise addiction and obsession with 'clean eating.' Not only had I put my body through the ringer and developed a host of health issues {from thyroid to adrenals}, but I realized I was part of the vicious cycle creating unrealistic expectations for women's health. 

And that's how nourish move love was born. I started to pray a lot and I felt a huge desire in my heart to break this cycle and create a realistic training program for myself and other women.

So what's the best, realistic training plan?
Raw, vegan, gluten, and dairy free is a lifestyle that some people thrive on. For others it’s bacon, avocados, limited fruit, and soy free that keeps their tummies happy and satisfied. Similarly, some people run till their bumper is filled with 13.1 and 26.2 stickers, whereas others curse running and cardio of any kind and swear only to lift heavy objects.


I personally have my own preferences — warm lemon water or ginger tea every morning with two eggs, sautéed greens, and avocadot. I follow breakfast with a plethora of workout scenarios. I like to mix it up, from teaching barre to strength training, HIIT (high intensity interval training), and sometimes running.

My point is we all have different preferences; we are biochemically, metabolically, physically, and genetically different. The number one question I’m asked as a health and fitness expert is, ‘What nutrition plan should I follow?” And, “What is the best form of exercise?” Yes, I have my own opinions to answer these questions:

1. A clean, nutrient dense, real food diet.
2. The most efficient form of exercise, in my opinion, combining strength training with HIIT.
But in reality, the best nutrition plan is one you can realistically adhere to with a satisfied tummy. And the best workout is one you actually do, and enjoy doing. Striving for an 80/20 lifestyle — 80% on point with fitness and nutrition and 20% grace.
My Blog Life: 
I never set out to be 'a blogger', to be honest I had no idea what blogging really was, moreover how you could monetize a blog. I just happened to build my website on a blogging platform and the next thing you know I was blogging and loving the little community of women I was connecting with through the blog. Then brands started reaching out asking to collaborate and it's all kind of spiraled from there!


I'm just getting comfortable with being more vulnerable on my blog, like sharing a little about my recent miscarriage. But it's all part of breaking the unrealistic expectations cycle. Behind my perfectly curated images and Instagram feed is a real women with her own set of body image women's health struggles. 

My goal with nourish move love is to give women motivation, resources, inspiration and a deep rumble in their bellies to live actively and love their bodies. And to invite God in on this journey; we weren't designed to do this life on our own, for He knows the desires of our hearts.

My Passions: 
Although I love blogging, my true passion is teaching group fitness. I love being in the studio surrounded by strong women and feeling like I get to be one of the best parts of their day. We all come into the studio with our own set of baggage, but it gets left at the door and we are all their for the same purpose, to challenge ourselves to become better. And we all leave the studio feeling better for what we just accomplished. It's a powerful and rewarding feeling day in and day out.

I'm also finding that I love connecting with other small, women-owned businesses and non-profits. In fact, I've teamed up with some amazing women to host an event in Minneapolis to support women locally and globally and I have a strong feeling it won't be my last event like this.

My prayer for you and me: 
God, I’m worn out and losing steam trying numerous health and fitness fads. I long to truly love this body the way you intended when you fearfully and wonderfully wove me together in my mother’s womb. Help me learn what real foods and enjoyable forms of exercise fuel me; for you created my inmost being and know me better than anyone. Amen.
xo-Lindsey
Let's Connect: 











1 comment:

  1. Nice post! Like it. Look forward for your new post. Thanks! jute goods
    Waiting for more content.

    ReplyDelete