Pages

Friday, March 18, 2016

Simply Inspired: Champagne + Macaroons | Tamara Waterston






There are so many bloggers that we have been inspired by along our blogging journey. Tamara with Champagne and Macaroons is no exception.  We fell in love with her style and and her blog! When you get a chance to look at her profile, you will see and understand how beyond beautiful and inspiring this woman really is! We are excited to have her with us on the blog today to and tell us more about her self and her blogging journey.  We are truly inspired by her and know you will be too!! 


Tamara Waterston with Champagne + Macaroons


About Me:
I was born in the heart of Texas. All of my family is still in Texas and I miss them everyday, I moved to LA after graduating from Baylor where I met my now husband. He is a Minnesotan through and through and we now live in Minneapolis with our two dogs and I love this city. It took me a while to adjust to the cold and the winter but once I learned to embrace it, I fell in love with it. I am obsessed with the changing of the seasons and I love the lakes, hands down my favorite part of Minnesota. I have a very colorful work background and have been blogging for one year as of this past February. 

How I got started:

Blogging was a total fluke. I graduated with a degree in Fashion Merchandising and I always had this creative juice inside of me and never knew where to place it or how to share it. I spent years in event planning and wedding planning but when I walked away from the industry, inside I missed it. About a year ago someone told me that I should start a blog and then C + M happened. I had no idea there was such a big blogging world out there. I was late to the Instagram game, and social media was just something I did every now and then, and now I am hooked.  I am still blown away by the blogging community and I never stop learning from ladies and men who have been doing their thing for years. There is so much hard work and creativity that goes into creating pretty content and sharing that with the world. It is quite magical.






How I got the name of my blog:

Two of my favorite things are Champagne and Macaroons so I decided to  add a little + between the two of them and then BAM! Champagne + Macaroons was born. I felt it was fun and light hearted plus the name seemed to capture everything that I wanted to share on the blog. 

Favorite Things about blogging:

The community, the creativity, the images, collaborating with really rad brands, and sharing a bit of my heart.  Sometimes I think what am I doing? Am I really a blogger, and I think once the one year mark passed by, I know that I really am doing something that makes my heart happy. It is hard to explain to others and I think my parents and girlfriends still have no idea what I do on a day to day basis but the organic nature of blogging is what makes me love it so much. You are your own boss, you create your schedule, your content it is pretty cool to watch it all grow and unfold.





Things I am most passionate about:

I am a gypsy at heart. I have been to some pretty great places with my husband we both constantly have the travel bug, and I have felt beyond blessed sharing those experiences with him. I would love to share more traveling on the blog. When I get ready to travel I cannot wait it is like Christmas, exploring new places and falling in love with the people, the culture, and sharing all of that along the way is one of the most thrilling things to me. 



Thoughts and ideas for someone wanting to start a blog:

I get this question on the daily and my biggest piece of advice to anyone is just go for it. But I am always up front and 100% honest that it truly takes a ton of time and energy. If the time is right in your life and you have the dedication absolutely go for it! And please just be who you are. I see so many people who are all trying to fit into one niche and in my opinion it lacks authenticity. I love dogs and champagne and home decor and wearing dresses, maybe that isn't the most popular thing but that is ok with me. 

~Tamara 




Click on the links below to follow Tamara.....

Blog || Twitter || Instagram || Facebook || Pinterest  

No comments:

Post a Comment