Pages

Wednesday, March 16, 2016

Be Still and Know...


Being able to blog has allowed us to venture out and meet some pretty amazing people. When looking online, I came across Carly w/ Carly D Designs. I absolutely fell in love with her apparel! Since my verse became "Be Still" for the past several months, I reached out to Carly to see if she had that verse for her tops.  She did not at the time, but asked about what that verse meant to me and why I was searching for it.  I ended up sharing a glimpse of why that verse was resonating with me at the time. It ended up that we were able to collaborate together to make her next line one that would have a lot of meaning behind it.  

On a daily basis, we all like to think that we have life pretty well under control. We would love to believe that when a situation in our life occurs that we will be able to respond the best way possible, because in the moment, we feel that we have the control to be able to design our own destiny. It isn’t until something major happens in your life that you really learn how to “Be Still.”


This is such a true statement for me as I had my life turned upside down over the past several months. I was so caught up in the everyday hustle and bustle that I became easily distracted by the bigger picture. In today’s society, we have so many places we have to be and so many things to accomplish that we lose sight of what is most important. The truth is, God has a purpose for everyone on earth, but he will only guide us as much as we allow him too. We can easily tune him out with our busy lives and our daily routines, but it seems that we only really listen to him when we are in “crisis mode.”  We have full control until we have absolutely lost all control.


If we could just take those few precious moments a day to really take the time to listen, we would have a better sense of where our true mapped out path is. He wants us to hear him not only for the fact to acknowledge him, but to know that he has been with us the whole time. His presence allows us to understand what direction will guide us to a place of wisdom and understanding. We can only grasp our true purpose when we take the time to “Be Still.”

~Kate

Check out Carly D Design for more adorable shirts and incredible products!

Carly D Design 

No comments:

Post a Comment