Pages

Monday, February 1, 2016

Thirty is the new....what?











It is something you never imagine coming up so quickly in your life. When you were in high school, you thought thirty was old. You couldn't imagine going to school for 4 or more years after high school. At this age, I could be a surgeon and it didn't seem to long ago that life was without responsibilities.

I'm not going to lie, turning the BIG 3-0 bothered me. In your twenties, you are able to run with whatever dreams you have and you can change your course at anytime. Now, being closer to the "Middle of the Road" of life, it seems you should know what you want to do. Yes, we have way more responsibilities at this age, but does it really mean we have to stop dreaming? I would so, NO! You can always go for your dreams no matter what stage you are at in life. Now, that doesn't mean stop immediately what you are doing and move across the globe (but if you feel that is what your dream has always been then do it!) It means to pursue things that you never took the time to accomplish.

If you always have wanted to run a 5k, but have never made the time to do it, then now make your dreams a reality. For most of us, we are parents at this age. It takes a lot for us to allot time for ourselves, but you can make that happen. Just because you are a parent or have responsibilities doesn't mean you have to give up on your dreams. Life throws you so many opportunities and it is what you do with it that counts!

"Whether you think you can, or you think you can't--you're right."          -Henry Ford

A new decade in life only means for you to make this next decade the best decade of your life. There are many obstacles that you are going to run into along the way, but don't let those things stop you. I have learned a lot from my own obstacles in life. I have had many road blocks thrown my way, but I have been able to pick myself up and dust myself off. It is just another life reason to learn from and grow. You are able to learn something from each unexpected thing that happens in your life.

You will continue to meet many amazing people along your "Journey of Life." They will either help you grow or they will be left behind as a way to learn from what they have brought into your life. I have met so many people in life from all walks of life. I would say that I have learned something from each person that has come into my life. Whether it has been the good, the bad, or the ugly, I always walk away with a life lesson from each person. Every person that you are introduced to will bring you a situation that will help you overcome something in the future.



At this point in life, I have been able to learn so much and I will continue to do that , because you don't stop growing in who you are when you hit a certain age. The biggest life lesson is "Love the Life You Live," because you are only given one!  Enjoy each moment, because you can only replay it back, and find the good in everything.

I hope by reading this, you will enjoy each birthday as it comes and find what makes you truly happy!

Love ~Kate 

Dress | Shabby Apple | Shoes | Express 
Photography | Amy Winter 

No comments:

Post a Comment